By Councilor Warren Waddell
As most of you may now know, the current term of Council is coming to an end. The next Local Government Elections will take place on 4th December 2021.
I am privileged in having again been endorsed by the Liberal Party to once again stand for A Ward. I have enjoyed every moment of representing our community’s interests and ensuring that issues unique to the rural area were properly identified.
Despite the challenges that faced this term of Council, I am pleased that the funding levels for our core responsibilities have increased. There has been a return to scheduled verge slashing and a serious approach to restoring storm water infrastructure throughout the rural area.
We have adopted best practice in terms of waste management, sustainability and environmental management.
In addition, we will see major projects roll out over the coming months ensuring the best possible facilities are in place for residents and visitors alike…
• Three lane boat ramp and associated stage one improvements to courts and playgrounds at Wiseman’s Ferry
• Stage one renovation of the Galston Aquatic Centre
• Upgrades to Galston Park including replacement of picnic shed and outdoor Gym equipment
• Increased funding for stage one of the Play Plan including upgrades to Fagan Park, parks in Glenorie and in concept options for Arcadia
If returned, I will advocate for the implementation of adopted strategies that will ensure the best use of our resources:
• Improved cultural and community facilities with a new Library hub for Galston and surrounds a priority
• Planning for improved access to trades and services
• Village public domain improvements
• Implementation of Play Plan
• Planning reform to ensure our rural enterprises remain sustainable
• A balanced approach to environmental protection and the protection of our residents and their properties I look forward to your support.
I am happy to be contacted on Ph: 0499 004 861 or email [email protected]