On 26 November 2023, Julian Leeser MP will be hosting readiness bushfire event in Dural and Asquith. The Asquith event will be held at Asquith Boys High School from 2 pm-4 pm.
It’s estimated that between 60-75% of the Berowra electorate has never experienced a significant bushfire event and may be completely unprepared.
The event will give members of the community an opportunity to:
- Learn about making and executing a fire plan for you and your family.
- Watch RFS demonstrations about bushfire preparedness in and around your home.
- Understand what you should be including in your ‘to-go’ box, in the event of a bushfire.
- Hear from bushfire survivors as they share their stories.
- See fire truck displays and get hands-on with our local RFS volunteer groups.
Julian Leeser MP, the Federal Member for Berowra, said ‘The Rural Fire Service has told me that our community is more at risk of significant bushfires this summer than at any time in the last 20 years.’