Many of you will wish to attend the 107th commemoration of ANZAC Day 2022 in recognition of our past and current armed services personnel. Hornsby RSL sub-Branch will this year conduct two commemoration services:
- A march on Sunday 24 April from 10:45am to proceed along Peats Ferry Rd to the Cenotaph (between the Pacific Highway and Station Street opposite Hornsby Railway Station) for a service commencing at 11 am, and
- A dawn service on ANZAC Day, Monday 25 April, to commence at approximately 5am
To help ensure the safety of those taking part in these events, temporary road closures will be in place, including on both:
- Sunday 24 April from 10:30am − 12pm, and
- Monday 25 April (ANZAC Day) from 4.30am − 6.30am.
- During those times, we will temporarily close:
- Peats Ferry Road between George Street and Dural Street
- William Street for 20m from Peats Ferry Road
- Dural Lane at the Peats Ferry Road end
- Station Street at the roundabout
- Ashley Lane at the rear entrance to the Hornsby RSL Club
- Ashley Street at the intersection of Forbes Street.
“Lest We Forget”
Images: Catafalque Party at Hornsby Cenotaph, 2021