By Dr Peter Gangemi - Mayor of The Hills Shire Council
Have Your Say on the Proposed Design of Withers Road Reserve in North Kellyville
Council would like to hear your thoughts on the draft design of Withers Road Reserve in North Kellyville. The park is proposed to incorporate a unique natural themed play space complimentary of the native vegetation on site. The park will feature a range of facilities consistent with a local-urban level park as outlined in Councils
Recreation Strategy including:
• A natural theme playground catering for a wide range of age groups and abilities
• Gathering and picnic areas
• A turf kick-about area • Concrete pathways throughout the site including a loop track around the playground suitable for bikes and scooters
• Security lighting to the main playspace area If sufficient funds become available during the course of the project, Council will also consider:
• A shade sail • A half-court basketball court
• Enhancement of remnant Cumberland Plain Woodland through revegetation and weed management works
Residents are invited to view the plans and put a submission in via the Council website before 4:30pm on Monday 14 March https://www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Have-Your-Say-Withers.
Following the completion of the community consultation and design process, Council anticipates the construction of the park to commence later this year.