By Dr Peter Gangemi - Mayor of The Hills Shire Council
For those looking to get into the Australia Day spirit, a comprehensive list of the planned activities is list below.
Flag Raising Ceremonies are being held at the following four locations
– 8am at Wrights Road Reserve organised by the Community Foundation of North Western Sydney
– 8am at Castle Hill Heritage Park organised by the Rotary Club of Castle Hill
– 9am at John Benyon Rotary Park organised by the Rotary Club of Kenthurst
– 11am at Annangrove Park organised by the Annangrove Progress Association
Council is running four Australia Day Vibes events in the shire with buskers, ice cream trucks trucks and coffee carts. The first 100 coffees/hot beverages at each of the four locations is FREE for attendees. Please bring along a picnic and enjoy a relaxing day out at the following parks
– 9am to noon at Annangrove Park. The entertainment features Maia Maria Fahed from 9-9:30, Shara Rose from 9:40-10:20, Annalise McKewen from 10:30-11 and Violeta Bozanic from 11:15-12.
– 9am to noon at Castle Hill Heritage Park. The entertainment consists of Cameron Jones from 9-9:45, Chelsea Warner from 10-10:45 and Emily McKenzie from 11-11:45
– 10am to 1pm at Bella Vista Farm. The entertainment features Phoebe and Flynn from 10-10:45, Amy and Enoch from 11-11:45 and Stephanie Milostic from 12-12:50.
– 10am to 1pm at Wisemans Ferry Park. The entertainment consists of Antone Homan from 10-10:45, Yasmin Arkinstall from 11-11:45 and Drew Blundell from 12-12:50.
I am running an Australia Day colouring in challenge for the youth of our shire. Please see the Council website for the template and how to submit an entry
Council are also encouraging residents to share their celebrations with us by sending through their Australia Day photos from the Australia Day Vibes sites, flag raising ceremonies or wherever they are in the shire. Please enter via the Council website here https://www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Australia-Day-2022
There is also a giant Australian Flag hanging from the atrium of the Council administration building, which is lit up in the iconic green and gold
Council is also hosting a special Australia Day citizenship ceremony in person in the Council chambers However you are celebrating, I hope you have a great Australia Day