Once again the students at Hillside Public School have excelled in the pool coming first on handicap at the recent Beecroft Zone Carnival held at Homebush. Congratulations to our relay team Aaleyah, Ava, Haize and Izak on their fantastic swim, placing them first at the carnival.
At Hillside, physical education is more than a mandatory component of the NSW PDHPE syllabus. All of our students actively participate in a number of physical activities during a school week. On Monday students are lead through a variety of fitness activities capably lead by our Year 6 leaders. Activities include games, fundamental movement skills, cross country training and fitness stations. For sport this term the students have been learning throwing and catching skills needed to play volleyball during weekly sessions run by Ty. During morning tea and lunch breaks our students enjoy playing handball, tennis, utilising the climbing equipment or kicking a soccer ball. Hillside students develop self-management, interpersonal and movement skills to become empowered, self-confident and socially responsible citizens.
This term all students K to 6 have been learning about famous artists. They have learnt about Piet Mondrian, a Dutch artist best known for his abstract paintings. They have also looked at the works of art of Henri Matisse such as The Snail, The Inattentive Reader and The Sheaf. They enjoyed reading about his life in the book Henri’s Scissors and experimented with his technique which he called ‘drawing with scissors’. The students thoroughly enjoy the whole school learning opportunities that are available at Hillside.
If you are wanting a school where
– the classes are small and not overcrowded,
– every student is encouraged and nurtured to do their personal best,
– students learn tolerance and understanding because of our peer activities,
– there are outstanding facilities including a dedicated STEAM room (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths)
– there are more sporting opportunities for all students as a small school,
– there is a 1:1 ratio of iPads and Notebook computers,
– dedicated French and music teacher then Hillside is your school.
Please contact the school at organise a visit to see the wonderful variety of programs offered to all of our students. Ring 9652 1459 now!