Dr Peter Gangemi - Mayor of The Hills Shire Council
Construction work continues at the next park in Box Hill, Hannaford Avenue Reserve. Bulk earthworks and footpaths have been completed. Current works in the reserve include earthworks trimming, importation of soil and playground installation. The park is expected to be completed in March, weather and Covid permitting.
Once opened, the reserve will feature a range of attractions including:
• A playground catering for a wide range of age groups.
• Park shelter with picnic setting, seating and a drinking fountain.
• Accessible spinner.
• 4m High Climbing structure with slide.
• Nature-play space for toddlers.
• Double swings with rubber soft-fall pad.
• A turf kick-about area.
• Accessible concrete footpath to playground with a pathway that loops around the playground suitable for bikes and scooters.
• Planting of low shrubs and groundcovers around the playground.
• Planting of native and deciduous trees adjacent the playground and along the pathways.
• Batter planting.
• Park signage.