Do you know a community in Hornsby Shire who have helped to prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters?
Nominations for the NSW Government’s Get Ready Community Award 2022 are now open.
Through the pandemic, bushfires and floods, the people of our Shire have grown great strength in supporting one another and we would like to encourage you to nominate a group for this year’s award.
Any project or initiative that started after 1 January 2021 is eligible and entries can be submitted by a local organisation on behalf of a community. To be eligible for the award, the initiative must:
- Have begun on or after 1 January 2021
- Have been started, led and managed by a local community (a community being people from a particular locality, town or region, or a group of people with a common purpose)
- Show how members worked collaboratively to address a need or issue
- Feature strong partnerships between people and groups across the community
- Strengthen the resilience of the local community through participation in planning, preparation, response and/or recovery.