We’re saddened to announce that due to unexpected rainfall and delays to building materials, the completion of upgrades to the Galston Aquatic and Leisure Centre will be pushed into mid-2023.
We’re excited to see the community utilizing the upgrades as soon as possible, including:
- A new first aid room
- An accessible adult change facility
- New unisex amenities including a family change room at the Learn to Swim Pool
- A refurbished entry
- Upgrades to lighting inside the building
A key project outcome is to see that the Centre becomes more accessible to all members of the community so the upgrades will include:
- Braille and tactile signage
- The existing 25m pool shall be provided with an accessible entry/exit
- The existing learner pool shall be provided with an accessible entry/exit
- We thank the community for your patience as we continue to work with unprecedented weather and materials shortages.
- Find more info at: https://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/galc
- For more on pools in Hornsby Shire: https://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/swimming