Glenorie Bus Company
GBC was a privately owned family company. Its origins go back to the early 1900’s when the village of Glenorie was a staging post for horse drawn wagons hauling produce between Wisemans Ferry and Castle Hill. Motorised bus services began Hill during the 1st World War.
In the early 1920’s, George Deaman expanded the bus fleet and by 1939 operated a fleet of 6 buses! George Tucknott & Roy Baxter purchased the Company from the Deaman family in 1952. By 1975 when they sold to the present owners, the Todd family, the fleet comprised of 16 vehicles.
In 2004 GBC operated a fleet of 75 buses with a staff of 100 people. The bus fleet was predominantly Volvo.
In 2001, GBC was purchased by National Express.
In December 2004, GBC was rebranded Hillsbus. The company was later sold to Cabcharge DelGro Australia.